I help organisations bridge the gap between business vision and technical implementation. I specialise in cloud technologies.
My commercial experience in web applications dates back to 1998 and spans across various roles and technology platforms. Coming from a programming background and having experience in development, development operations, technical design, solutions architecture and business consultancy roles give me a unique position to look at business problems from many different angles. I can ensure that your business will only spend money on technologies and methodologies that bring back a substantial return on investment.
I am based in London, UK but I am available for global engagements.
I first started using Amazon Web Services commercially in 2008. Since then I have worked on many projects that involved cloud computing – from building minimum viable products and proof of concepts at start-ups to participating in enterprise level, multimillion cloud transformation programmes.
“… with a sharp focus on business value delivery and an innate ability to communicate at both a very technical level and from a commercial standpoint, Marcin delivered a great ROI and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend him.”Tim McOwan
“… Marcin has excellent communication skills and strong client facing skills. He can explain very technical matters in a clear and concise way to non-technical people.”Matt Sheppard
“… I’d highly recommend Marcin to anyone, as his work efficiency if very high and results are excellent. He has a strong ability of applying various technologies to solve complex business cases.”Paulina Grodzicka
Who usually hires me:
- Founders who developed a business vision but have limited knowledge of the technology needed to launch their company.
- Founders who do not have a strong technology leader complementing their leadership team but want to ensure that their technology team proceed in the right direction.
- Investors who identified a potential investment opportunity but need someone to perform technical due diligence before they decide whether to invest or not.
- Executives who want to supplement their own understanding of new technologies with additional knowledge and experience.
- Executives who work with third party technology providers and need independent, unbiased advice.
- Business stakeholders who run into technical obstacles or need to deliver a project in a limited time.
- Business stakeholders who are aware of the 80 / 20 rule and need help with implementing a solution to a problem with the least amount of effort.
What I can help with:
- Complete a business plan with costs and timelines for development and deployment.
- Create a technological roadmap with well-considered technological options for transformation programmes.
- Create a mock-up or a prototype that can be presented to investors and potential business partners.
- Help attract excellent technical talent and mentor technical teams.
- Suggest the most appropriate development platform for your business and provide guidance on software development including methodologies, frameworks, architecture and auxiliary systems.
- Find and qualify technology partners, permanent employees and temporary technical staff.
- Establish best practices, quality standards, coding conventions, documentation requirements, etc
- Provide guidance to technical teams on specific technologies or methodologies.
I am not a replacement for anybody in your company.
I drop-in to help evaluate ideas and throw some fresh light.
Consulting Start-Up CTO
Helping non-technical start-up founders make the right technological decisions. Get first hour for free. Pay for more with money or equity.
Migration into cloud and new cloud deployments. Think Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud. I am a Certified Cloud Architect
Making sure that there is alignment between the business and IT. Think principles of reuse, standardisation, awareness of innovation, efficiency gains etc
Planning organisation’s technological capabilities to ensure they meet its commercial or strategic goals. One week mini product road-maps or long term assignments.
Automating the process of software delivery and infrastructure changes. Think Continues Delivery, Immutable infrastructure, Configuration Management, etc
A working prototype of your project in a matter of days that can be used to gauge the feasibility of your idea. Think Lean Start-up, Minimum Viable Product, 80-20 rule .
Capturing requirements and supporting the communication and delivery of requirements with relevant stakeholders. I translate business requirements into technical terms.
Helping teams using agile practices. I am Scrum certified. Think Scrum, Kanban but also agile techniques such us Behaviour Driven Development.